The vision of Shalina Resources is to continue to be a leading metals producers in the DRC with a focus on creating value within the DRC through a vertically integrated structure. Shalina plans to become the most well respected copper and cobalt producer in the DRC whilst delivering shareholder value in an ethical way.
The vision is based on the following key strategic pillars:
- Target production expansion to provide mid and long-term growth: Shalina Resources has identified a number of projects that will increase production to at least 50,000 tpa Copper Cathodes and 6,000 tonnes of cobalt salts by the end of 2016. These projects include; the erection of a new leach SX/EW plants, and the erection of a flotation and roasting plant for the treatment of sulphide ores.
- A strong focus on exploration to provide a robust and long-term growth pipeline: The Company has established a strong platform from which to grow. It has two promising licences (Etoile Extension and Mufunta) adjoining and close to the existing mine, with already proven JORC-compliant resources. It has developed a robus ongoing exploration programme for these two permits, with regular plans to upgrade work to Joint Ore Reserves Committee "JORC" standard and define new JORC resources to extend the Life of Mine.
- Continue to invest in people and local communities as a core value of the business: Shalina Resources recognises the important role that local communities and its employees play in the success of its business. The Company is committed to making a difference in the DRC through job creation, skills transfer, value creation, attracting investment and adhering to international best practice with regards to its social and environmental policies.
- Leverage DRC experience and strong financial position: The Company intends to leverage its strong network and logistical infrastructure, developed through thirty years of operational experience in the DRC to further grow the Company's operations. The Company plans to utilise its strong financial position to continue to invest in new projects and develop initiatives in the country to enhance its downstream processing capabilities.
- A commitment to the environment and safety of all employees and contractors, with zero harm to all